Meet the Designer – Adam Chorlton
09 Jan 2019
The latest in our ‘Meet the Designer’ series is Adam Chorlton who is based at our only Yorkshire site, Doncaster.
1.Why corrugated? Why did you choose this as a career?
I was always interested in design, so when an opportunity came up in the design department at Doncaster Packaging, I was interested to see what packaging design was about.
2. How long have you been with the company?
I have been with Boxes and Packaging just over 10 years – where has the time gone?
3. What was your first job?
My first job was working for Tesco, when I was studying.
4. What do you enjoy about working at B&P
I enjoy working with the people at – it’s a really friendly atmosphere and I can also manage my own workload each day.
5. What did you want to be when you were a child?
I wanted to be a professional golfer as I was growing up.
6. Who is your favourite superhero?
If I have to pick, my favourite superhero would be Spiderman.
7. What is the most unusual item you have had pack?
I don’t know about unusual, but the most awkward was some glass figurines! We had to pack and drop test them and we smashed every single one the customer sent…we eventually came up with a solution showing that perseverance really does pay off!
8. Which four individuals, living or dead, would you like to eat dinner with the most?
Jessica Alba, Ariana Grande, Lionel Messi, Phil Tufnell.
9. What’s your favourite place you’ve ever visited?
No contest… it would have to be Dubai.
10. What’s your biggest pet hate?
I hate it when someone asks me to remind them of something!